My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper. Joining the almost 16,000,000 other Dr. Pepper fans on Facebook allows me to express my likes on social media and support something I derive pleasure from.
Most people follow businesses and brands on social media because doing so allows them to express what they like as well as stay in touch with the producers of the things they engage with on a regular basis. But, fans want more.
- To find out more about the products or services these entities provide.
- To receive exclusive offers and coupons for these products and services.
- To give feedback through rating or reviewing the products and services they receive.
Readers follow authors on social media for similar reasons. Fans want ongoing information that enriches their lives. They want to know when you are releasing new books. They want exclusive offers for discounts on your books, and they want to give feedback on your books.
If you want your social media efforts to produce more results, keep these three reasons in mind when posting material on your social media accounts. Give your readers:
- Sneak peaks into upcoming projects.
- Additional information on your book’s topics to enrich your readers’ lives.
- Special offers—discounts on current books and on new releases.
- The chance to interact with you by answering questions or giving feedback on ideas.
Social media is a place for people to stay on top of news and express their opinions. Give your fans what they are looking for and they will remain loyal and recommend you to others as well.
Don’t miss out on any of the great information shared in this blog. Subscribe to receive each post in your email box. Just click here.
Photo courtesy of Gilles Lambert