Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year Award honors books produced by small publishers each year for outstanding contribution to Christian life.
Nominations are accepted in eight categories: Fiction, Biography, Christian Living, Relationships/Family, Bible Study/Theology, Children’s Book 4-8 years, Children’s Book 8-12 years, and Young Adult (12+ years). Nominations must be received by November 15, 2009.
- Books must be published by a small publisher with annual revenues of $350,000 or less.
- Nominated books must be Christian in nature and intended for the Christian marketplace.
- All nominated books must be printed in English and for sale in the United States.
- Any small publisher can nominate titles for the Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year Award.
- Nominated books must be published in 2008 or 2009.
To view the complete eligibility guidelines and download the nomination form, visit www.christianpublishers.net.
Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA) is the sponsor of this book award. CSPA will invite Christian retailers and book readers to vote on the nominated titles in February and March 2010. The winners of the award will be the books that receive the most votes. Christian retailers are encouraged to highlight the books they vote for in their stores during Small Press Month of March.
Entering your titles in book awards programs should be included in every book marketing plan. The small amount of investment this requires has the potential to reap large rewards. Winning a book award adds credibility and prestige to a book. It also prolongs the life of a book. A book award ushers in a new round of publicity for both the author and the book resulting in new sales.
If you are looking for a good list of book awards to consider, Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace has a whole chapter devoted to book awards that are friendly to religious small press and self-published books.