After my last post, I decided to develop a quiz that authors and publishers can take to discover their level of marketing expertise. I plan to post this quiz on my website where Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace is sold.
I am offering a sneak peak here for my blog readers.
Take the quiz! It’s simple. Just answer “yes” or “no” to each question. The number of “yes” or “no” answers you give will determine your level of expertise.
1. Did you secure endorsements for your book prior to publication?
2. Did you submit your book for reviews to each of the following: online book reviewers, library journals, Christian church library journals, and Christian bookstore publications?
3. Is your book available through a national book distributor / wholesaler?
4. Do you, as an author, or your book have a presence on social media websites including: a blog, a microblog (Twitter or Plurk), Facebook/MySpace, and a book social networking site?
5. Does your book have a promotional book video and is it posted on multiple sites online?
6. Has your book taken a physical (bookstores, etc.) or virtual (blog) tour?
7. Have you nominated your book for at least one book award?
8. Can you name five websites and publications that your target audience enjoys?
9. Can you name the top four Christian bookstore chains?
10. Do you have a written marketing plan for your book that includes specific tasks and timelines?
Now you can grade yourself:
9-10 Yes answers – Veteran
You are a Veteran book marketer. You know what you are doing. You understand the importance of good marketing. If you need some additional Christian resources for marketing opportunities you might find the numerous resources listed in Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace useful.
5-8 Yes answers – Amateur
You are an Amateur book marketer. You have some experience and are doing fine with most of your marketing efforts. However you could use some work to improve and strengthen your marketing strategies. Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace will provide just the guidance and resources you need.
0-4 Yes answers – Novice
You are a Novice, also known as a beginner, and you need help. You are missing some basic concepts and trends in book marketing. Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace is just the resource you need to guide you on your journey in marketing your book.
Let me know if you think this quiz is helpful.