In an era of decreasing reading and book buying, what can publishers do to ensure that they survive?
This was the subject of Publishers’ Institute: Embracing the Next Decade at the International Christian Retail Show (ICRS) last month.
Other questions posed and answered at this seminar included:
- When should your marketing campaign for a new book begin?
- What veto rights should you give an author on editorial and design changes?
- In this age of print-on-demand technology, when should a publisher deem a book out-of-print?
- Which age-group uses the Internet the most? Where do they hang-out on the Web?
- How does social media marketing differ from traditional marketing?
- How do I create a successful social media strategy to market my books?
This two-hour seminar featured three speakers, Darren Henry of STL, Brian Flagler of Flagler Law Group, and Sarah Bolme of CSPA.