Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA) is now 10 years old!!
Back in January of 2004, three independently published authors, each with a small publishing company, joined together to create Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA). The goal of the newly formed organization was to help each other market and promote our books in the Christian marketplace.
How things have changed in the past 10 years! Some of these changes include:
- In 2004, the majority of books were published by major publishing houses. Today, more books are published by self-published authors than are produced by the major publishing houses.
- Print-on-demand was just making an entrance into book publishing. Back then the catch-phrase was “desktop publishing.”
- The vast majority of books were sold in brick-and-mortar stores. Now, almost half of all books are purchased over the Internet.
- eBooks were almost unheard of in 2004. Now, they capture 30% of all book sales.
- The sheer number of books published grows each year.
- CSPA has grown from its original three members to serving over 100 members publishing Christian books.
As the book publishing and marketing industry change, so we at CSPA continue to adapt and change our services to meet changing needs. Some of our newer benefits include:
- A partnership with DeeperShopping.com to get our members books in front of more customers.
- eBlasts announcing new titles to book-loving Christians.
- A Strategic Book Marketing Plan Kit that includes a phone consultation with a book marketing expert.
- Ongoing cooperative marketing opportunities.
- A monthly e-newsletter with fresh content that educates and informs our members of new trends, opportunities, and state-of-the-art publishing principles and techniques.
This year, get some support in publishing and marketing your Christian books. Join Christian Small Publishers Association and make use of the many benefits we offer publishers and independently published authors to help you reach more people with your books. Membership is just $85 for the calendar year. Join today!