“This one’s a keeper, and also an answer to prayer.”
YES! Finally someone wrote a book to answer my questions!”
“Great information. I wish I had discovered the book before production.”
“I just want you to know that I loved your marketing book! Thank you for your wonderful book! I have purchased two more to give out.”
These are just a few of the many testimonials I have received over the years by readers of my book, Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace.
I wrote the book to give authors and small publishers information and resources to help them navigate and promote a book in the Christian marketplace. The Christian marketplace does differ from the general marketplace; here are a few of the differences:
- Christian bookstores by-and-large don’t purchase books from general market wholesalers. They purchase books from the Christian distributors.
- Christian bookstores databases are not run by the databases provided by the general market wholesalers. Instead, these databases are run by information provided to the bookstores from the Christian distributors and product management companies.
- Christian bookstores and church libraries don’t use the general market trade review publications to obtain information on recommended books. They use Christian trade review publications to keep them informed.
- The Christian market is not a homogenous market. Therefore, it is important to know your segment of the Christian audience so you can gather endorsements from the leaders of the segments you are marketing to.
- While Christians watch and listen to general market media, many rely on Christian media outlets for information and book recommendations. Therefore, exposure on Christian media is a more effective way to reach a Christian audience.
Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace is the only definitive book providing specific resources for marketing books in the Christian marketplace. While other books have some Christian resources, this book is devoted to providing resources for all aspects of book promotion.
I am pleased to announce the Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace, Third Edition has been named a “Finalist” in the Business: Writing & Publishing category of the 2014 USA Best Book Awards!
If you have not yet read this essential handbook for marketing Christian books and you are the author or publisher of Christian books, then I encourage you to pick up a copy and read it. After you have read it, I would love know if you found it helpful.