Independent publishing is growing. I have quoted this statistic before, but it bears repeating. The number of self-published (or independently published) titles has grown from 133,036 published in 2010 to 727,125 published in 2015. That is a 446.5% increase in the number of self-published titles in five years.
Additionally, self-published titles accounted for 17% of total book sales in 2016 (229,000,000 units sold). That means that almost one out of every five books sold was an independently published book.
For the past ten years, Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA) has sponsored the Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year Award. This award recognizes books published by small publishers and independent authors.
To better reflect the increasing numbers of independently published books and authors, Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA) has changed the name of our book award.
CSPA is pleased to introduce the:
It’s the same great award, just a new name!
The Christian Indie Awards are now open for nominations for the 2018 Award. To be eligible to nominate a title, you must meet the following criteria:
- Books must be Christian in nature, promote the Christian faith, and intended for the Christian marketplace. The Christian marketplace is defined as the marketplace that is served by CBA member retail stores (mainly individuals who maintain Catholic or Protestant beliefs and doctrines).
- Books must be published with a 2016 or 2017 copyright and released for sale in 2016 or 2017. New editions of previously published books are eligible. Reissued editions are not.
- Books submitted in previous years for the award may not be submitted again, unless they are a new edition with a new ISBN number.
- Books must be printed in English and available for sale in the United States.
- The nomination of a title must be made by the publisher or author of the book.
- Eligible publishers must be small presses or independently published authors with revenues of $450,000 or less per year.
The award is offered in 14 categories. To nominate your title or to learn more about the Christian Indie Awards visit the award’s website at www.christianaward.com.
Don’t miss out on any of the great information shared in this blog. Subscribe to receive each post in your email box. Just click here.