Thirty-five miles of dirt and gravel. The Virginia Creeper Trail runs along an old train rail from Whitetop to Abingdon, Virginia. The plan was to ride the complete 35 miles on bicycle in one day.
As often happens, the plan got derailed. One teenage boy wiped out when he hit a tree root in the trail. One trip to urgent care and three stitches later he was patched up and on the mend.
This one event could have ruined our family vacation had we let it. We choose not to. The teenager struggled at first, but decided to master his attitude and make the most of the rest of our time.
Attitude is important. After all, God’s Word talks about our attitude:
- “Make your attitude that of Christ Jesus…” (Philippians 2:4-6)
- “Serve with a good attitude, as to the Lord and not to men.” (Ephesians 6:7)
- “You were taught…to be made new in the attitude of your minds.” (Ephesians 4:22-23)
Studies show that a positive attitude produces more favorable results. According to a Stanford Research Institute study, the path to success is comprised of 88 percent attitude and only 12 percent education. This is not saying that education is not important, rather, the study points to the importance of attitude.
What about your attitude?
- Do you believe deep down that you have an important message for your readers?
- Are you excited to share your passion with your readers and potential readers?
- Do you have a positive attitude toward promoting your books?
Or are you struggling?
- Has the competition for readers’ attention made you discouraged?
- Are slow book sales causing you to doubt your calling?
- Has the overwhelming and difficult task of marketing caused you to become disheartened?
Take a moment and check your attitude. It is one thing that you can control. Life is difficult. After all, the way to life is narrow and difficult and only a few find it. Your calling is to help people enter this narrow gate and encourage them on this difficult path. You will have more success in fulfilling your calling if you keep a positive attitude.
Do you need an infusion of encouragement or inspiration to renew your attitude toward marketing and promoting your book and carrying out your calling? If your answer is yes, I encourage you to watch one of my Marketing Christian Book University on-demand seminars. Not only will watching one provide you new ideas, it will also fill you with a renewed sense of enthusiasm for your task.
Don’t miss out on any of the great information shared in this blog. Subscribe to receive each post in your email box. Just click here.