In 2017, 90% of the most shared content on social media was in video format. The increase of video online is phenomenal. Check out these statistics:
- 55% of people watch videos online every day.
- By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others.
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users.
Not only are people watching videos online, businesses are finding that videos are effective in selling products. Here are some more statistics that back up this claim:
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process.
- Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
Videos are a powerful marketing tool. Should you be using them? Yes.
Creating videos to use in your book marketing campaigns can be a challenge, especially if you write fiction. Other than creating a book trailer for your book, what type of content should you put in your videos?
Interestingly, Curata, a content creation company, found that the top three most effective types of video content are:
- Customer testimonials (51%)
- Tutorial videos (50%)
- Demonstration videos (49%)
Here is the good news. Every author can create the most effective videos—customer testimonials.
Customer testimonial videos don’t have to be fancy. They can just be a quick 30 to 60 second video of a reader talking about how great your book is. Just like this testimonial video for my book Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace.
Getting customer testimonial videos doesn’t have to be difficult. With a Smartphone camera, you can take them and your readers can create them. Here are three quick ideas to help obtain customer testimonial videos on your book:
- Film your friends or family members who love your book sharing their thoughts.
- Ask your readers to film their review of your book and share it with you.
- Hold a contest with a great prize (like a gift card to a restaurant) and make the entry requirement be that readers share a video of themselves raving about your book.
Make videos a part of your marketing plan for 2018. Start today. Get one or two video testimonials from readers that you can share on your website and on all your social media channels.
Don’t miss out on any of the great information shared in this blog. Subscribe to receive each post in your email box. Just click here.