This month, Christian Small Publishers Association (CSPA) celebrates its 15th anniversary and embraces a new name. The organization has changed its name to better reflect the current publishing landscape and the authors and publishers it serves. The association is now known as Christian Indie Publishing Association (CIPA).
Over the past 15 years, the publishing industry has undergone tremendous changes. According to R.R. Bowker, the official U.S. ISBN agency, the number of independently published books has grown by 156% over the past six years. Since CSPA’s membership is comprised of both small publishers and independently published authors, the name change was instituted to better reflect who is being served.
The mission and focus of the organization stays the same: To provide information, tools and resources to strengthen small publishers and independent authors, and to continue to represent this group to the larger Christian book industry.
Christian Indie Publishing Association (CIPA) offers the same great benefits as CSPA, with new benefits being added for 2019. Membership benefits include:
- A monthly e-newsletter packed with marketing tips and industry updates.
- Cooperative advertising opportunities including a print catalog, magazine ads, and eblasts.
- Quick reference guides and on-demand seminars on publishing and marketing.
- List of radio and podcast media actively interviewing authors.
- Book Launch Marketing Checklist.
- Tradeshow representation.
- A book review program.
- Free title setup and revisions with IngramSpark.
- Free title setup with Lightning Source.
- Discount when ordering ISBN.
- Discount on Publishers Weekly subscription.
Christian Indie Publishing Association (CIPA) will continue to sponsor the Christian Indie Awards for Christian books by small publishers and independent authors. Voting for the 2019 Awards opens February 1, 2019. Watch for the announcement.
Don’t miss out on any of the great information shared in this blog. Subscribe to receive each post in your email box. Just click here.