This summer, two houses on the block where I live were put up for sale. Both houses were built about the same time. They are comparable in size. The asking price for each house was similar.
One house sold in three days! The other house is still on the market six months later.
Why did one house sell so fast while the other still languishes on the market?
A quick look at their online listings gave me the answer. The house that sold in three days sported an updated look. The inside was pristine! The kitchen sported a modern look. The house had wood floors throughout. In addition, it was clearly staged with just the right kind and number of furnishings.
The house that is still languishing on the market sits empty. There is no furniture in the house. The inside sports a mix of old and new. The kitchen has new counter tops, but the cabinets are dated. The house has new carpet, but only some of the floors are hardwood.
In selling, presentation makes all the difference. The same is true for books.
Are you struggling to sell your book(s)? Are you taking out Amazon or social media ads, but not having much success with sales? Maybe it is time to refresh and update your presentation.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Does your book’s cover need to be refreshed?
- Is your book cover accurately reflecting the genre of your book?
- Does your book’s cover sport a similar look to other books on your subject matter or fiction genre?
- It your book title and subtitle easy to read in a thumbnail sketch?
- Does your book cover’s color send the right message?
- Does your book description page on Amazon need updating?
- Are you using the best keywords?
- Do you need to try new Amazon categories for your book?
- Have you optimized your Amazon Book Page to utilize all the options available for giving the best information to hook people into buying your book?
- Does your book description answer the “What’s in it for Me?” question?
- Are you using bullet points in your book’s description for easy scanning?
- Do you need more reviews of your book on Amazon for better social proof to convince readers that your book is worth their time and money?
- Is your book’s overall review rating four stars or better?
Members of Christian Indie Publishing Association (CIPA) now receive a 30% discount on Publisher Rocket. This software helps authors and publishers pick the keywords that readers frequently use and the best book categories.
Don’t miss out on any of the great information shared in this blog. Subscribe to receive each post in your email box. Just click here.